Tae Kwon Do for Children
Howland Place Fitness Center
What is Tae Kwon Do?
Tae Kwon Do is a modern martial art, characterized by it's fast, high and spinning kicks. There are multiple interpretations of the name Tae Kwon Do. Tae Kwon Do is often translated as 'the way of hand and foot'. One definition of the name Tae Kwon Do is
- Tae='to strike or block with the foot' or 'to kick', it also means 'jump'
- K'won='Fist', 'to strike or block with hand'
- Do='The way of' or 'art'.
Put this together and Tae Kwon Do means: "The art of Kicking and Punching" or "The art of unarmed combat". The sport has been founded in Korea and is one of the popular modern martial arts.
Objectives of Tae Kwon Do
- to develop an appreciation for Tae Kwon Do as a sport and as an art
- to achieve physical fitness through positive participation
- to improve mental discipline and emotional equanimity
- to learn self-defense skills
- to develop a sense of responsibility for one self and others.
Tae Kwon Do for kids
Tae Kwon Do has no age limits and is a very good sport for children. They learn fast reactions through games, learn to respect others, and learn to know their abilities as well as recognize and work on their limitations.
The mental and physical exercise provides discipline, concentration and helps to keep the mind and body focused on positive thoughts and activities.
Check Back Soon for Tae Kwon Do Availability
Sign up today by Contacting us or call 508-994-2100