Howland Place Fitness Center
The ULTIMATE 60 Minute Barbell Class
What is BODYPUMP™?
BODYPUMP™ is a barbell class that strengthens your entire body. Its designed to improve strength and endurance in the major muscle groups and, in doing so, burn calories. This 60-minute workout challenges all your major muscle groups by using the best weight-room exercises like squats, presses, lifts and curls. Great music, awesome instructors and your choice of weight inspire you to get the results you came for – and fast!
How is the class taught?:
- Class will consist of a warm-up to get your body moving with light weights.
- The instructor will then guide you through the main part of the workout, focussing on each of the muscle groups, including your legs, chest, back, shoulders, bis & tris and abdominals. BODYPUMP™ has all the important muscles covered, and we can guarantee the members will be feeling the burn by the time you’re on to the cool down.
- Lastly, down tempo music will accompany you while you stretch your muscles out to finish the workout and help reduce the risk of muscle soreness or injury.
A new BODYPUMP™ class is released every three months with new music and choreography. It is up to the clubs discretion when they release the new class.
- Burn up to 600 calories per class for fat loss
- Improve your strength
- Improve your general fitness
- Shape and tone your muscles
- Improve your bone density (helps ward off osteoporosis)
- Come away feeling strong and confident
Is it appropriate for all fitness levels?
Yes, all fitness levels can take this class. Each member will have their own set of weights with a barbell and they will be able to choose their weight accordingly. As their muscles are conditioned they will then be able to increase the weight and progress in the class at their level.
How Often Should I Take BODYPUMP?
Your muscles will feel a little sore after your first BODYPUMP™ class, but keep at it. It’ll get easier, we promise! After your first few classes we recommend a maximum of two to three classes a week. Remember, your body needs recovery time between workouts, so rest for at least one day between classes.
Do Men & Women take it?
Yes, both men and women can take it and we want to encourage men to take it. It’s a week of the weight room in 60 minutes!
Let the music ROCK......your BODY!
BODYPUMP FITNESS CLASS SCHEDULE
All Classes are First Come, First Serve
Don't be late for your favorite class or you
may not be able to get in!
Sign up today by Contacting us or call 508-994-2100