Howland Place Fitness Center
Let us help you start your fitness routine!
How to start your fitness routine:
1. Take one week at a time so you do not get overwhelmed. Set weekly goals for yourself. Write your weekly goals down. (Ex: Go to the gym 3 times this week.) Plan out your workout days ahead of time for the week. If you write down your workout days into your planner, you are more likely to stick with completing it. Try to plan out 3-4 days, about 1 hr to an 1.5 hrs for each day.
2. Write down your workout for that day. If you write down your designated exercises, you are more likely to complete it as you go.
3. When you arrive at the gym, make sure you have proper fitness apparel and the right sneakers on to complete your workout. Warm up on a cardiovascular machine(treadmill, elliptical, rowing machines or bike) for about 5-7 minutes in order to prepare your body for working out. This helps to warm up your muscles, raise your heart rate, and get your blood circulating.
4. Complete your workout to the best of your ability! Every workout will be different. There will be days you feel great and other days you may be tired. So don't get discouraged! Just take it one week at a time.
5. After you have completed your work out make sure you stretch and cool down your muscles. Very important to cool down, it brings your heart rate to rest and stretching prevents injury.
Continue these 5 easy steps, every workout and remember to plan your workout schedule the beginning of the week in order to help with accomplishing it!
For more specific and advanced workouts check out these:
(more great workouts to come!)